Thursday, September 8, 2011

Moist Noodlehead

Hi! How are you doing? All is well here. Lots has been going on. I got a job, moved twice, got another job. Plus, I have been focusing on my mark. business, and I hit a wall with happy face, happy wallet, but I am feeling the urge to come back to happy face. Plus, a really good friend of mine is going to join happy face, happy wallet to share her product reviews, and so that gave me some motivation to start writing.

During my time away, I explored several products, and I will review those in time. Right now, I feel inspired to share some hair products for curly hair that I am thoroughly enjoying.

A while ago, when I was bored at work, I decided to surf some curly hair blog. I came across the tightly curly website that is loaded with great information on how to treat and style tightly curly hair. The author of the website, and book which I later bought, recommended Aussie Moist conditioner to use as a styling conditioner.

Photo from aussie.com

If you have read my previous hair entries on this blog, you know that I LOVE Aussie 3-minute miracle DEEEEP. However, the product only contains 8 ounces, and I get tired of having to buy three at a time because I need to use a lot of conditioner for my hair (I leave it in). So, when I read that Aussie Moist was like 3 minute miracle DEEEP, but a little less thick, I got really excited because it comes in a bigger container and went out and bought it. I found the 1 liter bottle at Walmart for about $7 to $8.

Well, I finally ran out of the liter, and I bought another one. I love this conditioner as a styling conditioner. In the shower, I section out my hair, then put gobs of this stuff and rake it through the sections of hair. The conditioner's weight helps clump the curls together and prevents frizz. Best part, the conditioner does not feel crispy, filmy, or leave a residue when it dries.

To further encourage the curls, I scrunch my hair, after I squeeze out the excess moisture a little with a t-shirt, with Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse from Sally's ($7, $6 with Sally's card). I bought this a long time ago on a whim, and I wasn't convinced. However, one day when I ran out of my favorite hair gel, mark. curl goddess, I decided to go ahead and use up this mousse and then buy the mark gel. I have now given the gel a break (I still love it), and I am hanging onto my Noodle Head Curl Mousse. The mousse doesn't flake. It combines well with the Moist conditioner I leave in my hair, and after I scrunch my hair after it has dried, the curl stays and doesn't frizz. I love it. I have back ups.

Photo from sallybeauty.com

After applying the products and smoothing out some curly. I diffuse my hair using warm heat and a high setting. As I diffuse my hair, I do not scrunch or touch my hair. I just dry sections of my hair until partially dry. Then I give my hair a final shot of cool air throughout my hair. The diffuser helps set the curl and it helps prevent frizzies. I am really enjoying the end result of this process, and I really cherish the fact that my hair lasts up to three days with just a little touch up with Pantene spray leave-in conditioner.

Here is a picture of my curls on the SECOND day. That is right, SECOND day. I did not wrap, braid, or pineapple my hair before gong to sleep. I just went to sleep. Pretty cool, huh.




Note: My hair is chemically process. I do get the roots relaxed, but it is not combed through so that I can keep my curl. I also color it at times.

1 comment:

Furreal Toys said...

Happy hairdo you got there! Looks like a good product to try :-)